Saturday, June 20, 2009

First Exploration in Abroad

The very first day I step in the foreign land gave me mixed emotions. Since though I used to mingle with foreigners but I'm very far from my country (having 8 hrs plane trip). This make me feel worried and afraid on how will I ever overcome this feeling. Also, I was expecting too much knowing that foreigners are too demanding, always on time, disciplined and traffic is not that much as compared to Manila.

However, most of what I expected were correct except for the traffic condition and discipline. My gosh! Traffic in Dubai is worst than in Manila since they just started their railway construction last yr and they have too many cars here (b'coz gasoline is cheap and people with driver's license can easily get a car loan from the banks). And garbage you can see it everywhere. Loitering is still deregulated strictly wherein there's a fine if found guilty. Also, there's one more, most of the people here, don't know how to speak English fluently. You feel like talking to preschooler when you have a conversation with other people. Because most of the workers here that came from nearby countries, only knows a little English words and you must talked to them slowly and per word with explanations so that they can get what you are telling correctly otherwise you'll not understand each other.

During the time I arrived here 2 yrs ago, looking for employment is not that difficult since Dubai is still on the process of building their so called "tourist attraction" status. Unlike these days, it is very difficult maybe because of the "financial crisis'' that hits the entire universe (since the last quarter of 2008) and plenty of people coming in everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment